New Lobbying E-Filing System is Live!
The Hawaii State Ethics Commission’s electronic filing system for lobbying disclosures is now available. The E-Filing System allows you to file your lobbyist registrations and expenditures reports.
We recommend using the latest versions of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Please do not use Internet Explorer as it is not compatible with the system. Use the link below to access the new E-Filing system.
In order to use the E-Filing System, you must have either a Lobbyist User or a Client/Organization User account.
- Lobbyist User Account are for in-house lobbyists, professional lobbyists, and employees of a lobbying firm. The Lobbyist User Account allows the user to file both the lobbyist registrations and expenditures reports. Sign-up for a Lobbyist User Account.
- Client/Organization User Account are for company representatives and non-lobbyist personnel. The Client/Organization User Accounts allows the user to only view the lobbyist registrations filed on the client/organization’s behalf and to file the expenditures reports. Sign-up for a Client/Organization User Account.
- You must have a Lobbyist User account to register as a lobbyist.
- You may have already filed a paper copy of your lobbyist registration form in 2019. However, please create a new Lobbyist Registration in the new E-Filing system, as this will allow you to file your Expenditure Reports electronically.
- If you work for a lobbying firm, you may register other associates in your firm as long as each person has a lobbyist user account.
- Submit a separate lobbyist registration for each client/organization that is represented by the lobbyist.
- Done Lobbying? If you are no longer engaged in lobbying activities (either as a lobbyist or as a client/organization), please contact the Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can remove you from our mailing list.
- If you need to report Lobbyist Compensations in the Organization Expenditures Report, each Lobbyist needs to have a Lobbyist User Account and have a Lobbyist Registration filed for the Client/Organization in the new E-Filing system
- One tricky part: the system does allow you to report compensation paid to lobbyists, but that field isn’t on the first screen. Just follow each step one at a time, and you’ll get to the field to report compensation paid to lobbyists. This information is required for your Expenditure Reports.
- For Organizations with more than one lobbying firm (e.g. in-house lobbyist and outside firm), expenditures reports must be submitted by the Organization (and not by the outside Lobbying Firm) in order to report compensation paid to lobbyists with different firms.
- No more “zero” reports needed for Lobbyists! Lobbyists do not need to file their own separate Expenditure Reports so long as (1) the Lobbyist is included on each Client/Organization Expenditure report for each of the Lobbyist’s clients, and (2) the Lobbyist does not have any expenditures that were not already reported on a Client/Organization Expenditure Report. If you need to file a Lobbyist Expenditures report, please use Form LOB.
- Expenditures Reports (for the January 1 – February 28, 2019 reporting period) are due on Monday, April 1, 2019.
- For 2018 and preceding years, please file Form ORG.
To access other PDF versions of the our Lobbying forms, click HERE.
If you have any questions, please see our Lobbying E-Filing System FAQs or contact the Commission’s office for further assistance.
Hawai`i State Ethics Commission
1001 Bishop Street, ASB Tower 970, Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 587-0460