- Register for a live videoconference training
- Self-directed training programs
- Specialized training request for your state agency
Live training sessions will be conducted over Zoom (usually about 90 minutes long). Please register early as space is limited.
The ethics training classes will provide an overview of the state ethics laws that apply to all state elected officials, employees, and members of state boards and commissions. Topics will include conflicts of interests; gifts and the reporting of gifts; confidential information; misuse of official position; and post-employment restrictions.
|Class dates and times:||
- State Employees: A quick introduction to the Ethics Code focused on state employees (https://ethics.hawaii.gov/ethicsonlinetraining/)
- State Board/Commission Members: A quick overview of your responsibilities as a board/commission member (https://ethics.hawaii.gov/ethicsonlinetraining/)
- Hawai‘i Public Charter School Governing Board Members: Basic information for charter school governing board members about the State Ethics Code (https://ethics.hawaii.gov/hpcs-gbm/)
*Self-directed training programs are 30-minutes long and can be completed anytime; you can even pause in the middle and pick up where you left off.
Specialized Training Requests
If you would like to request special training for your agency or board, please complete this form: https://ethics.hawaii.gov/request_training/. Please indicate your department, division/agency, the number of expected employees, and requested date of training. Please also detail the reason for a special training, such as an existing professional development day.