ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMS
I. ETHICS FOR STATE EMPLOYEES: http://files.hawaii.gov/ethics/training/index.html
- Print version of the Ethics for State Employees Online Program: https://ethics.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/OnlineTrainingProgram.pdf
II. ETHICS FOR STATE BOARD AND COMMISSION MEMBERS: http://files.hawaii.gov/ethics/training-bc/index.html
- Print version of the Ethics for State Board and Commission Members Online Program: https://ethics.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/BCOnlineTrainingProgram.pdf
The State Ethics Commission’s online training programs provide basic information for state employees and state board and commission members about the State Ethics Code, Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 84. The programs include the following topics:
- Gifts and Gifts Reporting
- Fair Treatment
- Confidential Information
- Conflicts of Interests
- State Contracts
- Post-Employment Restrictions.
HOW TO USE THE ONLINE PROGRAMS:
- Length of Online Programs: Each online program takes about 30 minutes to complete. In most cases, if you pause or exit the program before completing it, you can return later to resume the program where you left off.
- Internet Access Required: With internet access, you can use a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or even a smartphone to take the online program. We recommend that you use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Closed Captioning (available on desktops, laptops, and tablets): To activate closed captioning, click the Closed Captioning button at the bottom of your screen. Due to space limitations, the closed captions overlap with the text appearing on some of the slides. Tablet users may be able to avoid this by viewing the online program in “portrait” mode.
- Replay Current Slide (available on desktops, laptops, and tablets): If the online program is not responding, click the Replay Button at the bottom of your screen to re-start the current slide you are viewing.
- Certificate of Completion: After completing the online program, follow the instructions at the end of the program to obtain a Certificate of Completion. Your certificate will be e-mailed to you.
QUESTIONS/TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE? For help, please call or e-mail the State Ethics Commission’s office at (808) 587-0460 or [email protected].
ADDITIONAL EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS:
I. ETHICS FOR STATE EMPLOYEES
- Guide to the State Ethics Code: This highlights all of the ethics laws covered in the online program for state employees and links you to additional resource materials. Use this Guide any time as a quick reference to the State Ethics Code. Here’s the link: https://ethics.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/StateEthicsCodeGuide.pdf
- Ethics Quiz: To further test your knowledge of the State Ethics Code, try this short quiz. Here’s the link: http://files.hawaii.gov/ethics/quiz/index.html
II. ETHICS FOR STATE BOARD AND COMMISSION MEMBERS
- Handbook for State Board and Commission Members: This highlights all of the ethics laws covered in the online program for State Board and Commission Members and links you to additional resource materials. Use this Handbook any time as a quick reference to the State Ethics Code. Here’s the link: https://ethics.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/BCEthicsHandbook.pdf