NEW! ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAM: ETHICS FOR STATE EMPLOYEES
TO START THE ONLINE PROGRAM, CLICK THIS LINK: http://files.hawaii.gov/ethics/training/index.html
The State Ethics Commission’s new online training program provides basic information for state employees about the State Ethics Code, Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 84. The program includes the following topics:
- Gifts and Gifts Reporting
- Fair Treatment
- Confidential Information
- Conflicts of Interests
- State Contracts
- Post-Employment Restrictions.
HOW TO USE THE ONLINE PROGRAM:
- Length of Online Program: The program takes about 30 minutes to complete. In most cases, if you pause or exit the program before completing it, you can return later to resume the program where you left off.
- Internet Access Required: With internet access, you can use a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or even a smartphone to take the online program. We recommend that you use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Closed Captioning (available on desktops, laptops, and tablets): To activate closed captioning, click the Closed Captioning button at the bottom of your screen. Due to space limitations, the closed captions overlap with the text appearing on some of the slides. Tablet users may be able to avoid this by viewing the online program in “portrait” mode. You can obtain a hard copy of the closed captioning in full, together with the online program, by clicking here: https://ethics.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/OnlineTrainingProgram.pdf
- Replay Current Slide (available on desktops, laptops, and tablets): If the online program is not responding, click the Replay Button at the bottom of your screen to re-start the current slide you are viewing.
- Certificate of Completion: After completing the online program, follow the instructions at the end of the program to obtain a Certificate of Completion. Your certificate will be e-mailed to you.
QUESTIONS/TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE? For help, please call or e-mail the State Ethics Commission’s office at (808) 587-0460 or [email protected].
ADDITIONAL EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS:
- Guide to the State Ethics Code: This publication highlights all of the ethics laws covered in the online program and links you to additional resource materials. Use this Guide any time as a quick reference to the State Ethics Code. Here’s the link: https://ethics.hawaii.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/StateEthicsCodeGuide.pdf
- Ethics Quiz: To further test your knowledge of the State Ethics Code, try this short quiz. Here’s the link: http://files.hawaii.gov/ethics/quiz/index.html